Thursday, February 5, 2009

cake time!

So the beloved old cake recipe makes another show at another birthday, everyone was very very very happy with it. this was my official gifty to Laura for her 15th and i think she enjoyed it so I'm happy

And as you can see it is lovely or well it was before I tried to fiddle around with it. I tried to decorate it with some white chocolate but in the end I wiped it off.
stupid cheap white chocolate... grumble grumble grumble.

















so yeah this is the cake. what do you think?

this ^ sentence is a link to a picture... I'm not sure of how I did it but there it is.
I also made biscuits yesterday for dinner and they were quite good. they called for buttermilk and lard but I substituted the milk for milk with a tsp of vinegar per cup and shortening for the lard. they were very nice all layered and yummy. so these are the cooking adventures so far.
For valentine's day I'm going to make truffle tarts in little muffin tins and they sift confectioner's sugar in the shape of a heart over the top.... well we'll see how that goes eh? I really want it to work. I got these two recipes from gourmet magazines that Sarah left behind.
:)
i love gourmet magazine it's the best!

Ah and today is National Nutella day!

I just found that out while i was perusing my chocolate blogs.

Have a good day :)

No comments: