Saturday, February 7, 2009

A 4 o-clock sourdough with 6 o-clock quiche

SO Mum and Dad were off to St. johns bright and early at the indecent time of 4 AM IN THE MORNING! They woke me and Laura up to say goodbye and things. I could not get back to sleep so i got a jump on my sourdough. the starter was in the huge blue bowl and the started dough was in the mixing bowl. So the night before i had added a cup of hot water and a cup of flour.... then mum yelled at me to add more cold water or YOU'RE GOING TO KILL THE YEAST! So I added a little more water than the recipe called for. It sat for an hour before I added another tsp of yeast over the top. I left it overnight and woke up at 4, said goodbye to Mum and Dad and started bakin'. well not really baking that didn't really come round till about 8 or 9 or 10 this morning. I just couldn't go back to sleep. so I made one batch of sourdough... and then there was way too much starter for the one jar so i had to make another batch :)
Then there was way too much anyway and had to snatch one of Mum's martini olive jars. Gave it a quick scrub and poured the starter into the two jars, the original and the olive. I had to let that rise for 3 hours. But did i go back to sleep? NOOO
course I didn't. i started in on my mountain of homework. the pretest that was due weeks ago, the latin i've been avoiding, the math i've been ignoring, and the 4 papers for AP bio I have to write because I gave pity to my friend who got kicked out of the house but is probably going out with friends and having an overrall great time. Man I'm practically a push over :(.
well i got most of the latin done that i want to... sorta. i got 2 out of the 4 papers done. And I'm still ignoring the math and english... just because they're are the stupidest things on the planet.






everyone loved the sourdough and we had fabulous salami, brownmustard sandwhiches on the small rolls I made out of the second batch.

No comments: